The workshop will offer speakers and hands-on tutorials for projectionists working with 35mm film prints and will focus on film preparation and projection as well as special stipulations for archival projection, and coordinating with lending institutions. The workshop is aimed at those who have some booth experience and are looking to expand their knowledge and skills.
In addition to special speakers, the workshop program will cover:
- Coordinating with Lending Institutions
- Archival Industry Standards, Guiding Principles & Best Practices
- Print Handling and Inspection for Archival Materials
- Identifying & Creating Cues, Best Practices
- Format Standards & Empirical Identification for Image
- Format Standards & Empirical Identification for Sound
- Variable-speed Principles & Operation
- Parcel Systems, Hazards, and Best Shipping Practices
- Advanced Splicing, Splicer Maintenance and Repair
- Advanced Projector Inspection and Maintenance for Archival Materials
- Installation and Alignment of Xenon Lamps for Archival Projection, Best Practices
- Sound Reproducer Alignment
Instruction and curriculum development is from working archivists and projectionists experienced in the handling of rare and archival prints.