Intermediate Workshop Curriculum
This intermediate-level workshop will offer small group and one-on-one training for projectionists who already have an understanding of the operation of a film projector – attendees should feel comfortable with threading and light maintenance before attending.
The workshop will –
- Assess and reinforce correct techniques and skills
- Provide small-group and one-on-one training in the areas of proper projection maintenance and configuration
- Provide an understanding of the history and context of film projection
- Provide an understanding of proper presentation and showmanship
Curriculum will include hands on work on standard 35mm projectors, customized per attendee needs, and will include:
- Cleaning and care
- Film path and troubleshooting
- Assessment tools – an overview
- Lamphouse maintenance and optical components
- Presentation and showmanship
- Projection issues
- Basic audio
- Program management
The workshop will take place at Boston Light & Sound in Boston, MA, with instruction from BLS technicians and Chapin Cutler. Class size will be limited to 12 people. In your registration, please include which 35mm projection system(s) you are currently using at your theater or institution or which ones you would prefer to receive training on. We may be able to accommodate depending on availability.
The curriculum development is from working archivists and projectionists experienced in the handling of rare and archival prints.